Language: English
Author: Foerthmann P.
Genre: History
Publisher: tredition GmbH
Format: PDF/EPUB
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 252
Description: IN THE SERVICE OF AEOLUS - Autobiography of a sailor
A book about an entire life? That could easily go wrong. How is an author to decided what to include and what – if anything – to omit? Every recollection adds more colour to the tale and therefore has a claim to betold, but the reader needs a story to enjoy, not a faithful retelling of an entire existence. Somewhere there is a tipping point beyond which more information dilutes rather than enhances the experience, beyond which tedium replaces entertainment.
Short cuts can be a handy recourse here. Throughout my life I have always been a fan of seeking out my own, faster way to progress. Doing things my own way has allowed me to set the pace of my life, to study, learn and acquire necessary skills at the rate that suits me and advance my cause and expertise with a rapidity that can sometimes leave feathers ruffled.
I am motivated in many ways by the urge to please, but this impatience of mine has a tendency to undermine my efforts in this area. I have never really managed to keep everyone happy though and have been reminded, from time to time, that it is in ceasing to try to do so that I come nearer to independence and freedom. This realisation has helped me enormously: striking an effective balance in life is much easier with a clean, fair hull and no unnecessary ballast.

Contents

Screenshots

Foerthmann P. In the Service of Aeolus, 2022

Скачать [11 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Windvane Report - Foerthmann P. [2021, PDF/EPUB]
Boatbuilding - Yesterday and Today - Foerthmann P. [2021, PDF/EPUB]
Myth Circumnavigation - A Goal in Life or a Dead End - Foerthmann P. [2020, PDF/EPUB]
Hints to Young Yacht Skippers - Day T.F. [2022, PDF]
Caribbean Passagemaking - A Cruiser's Guide - Weatheritt L. [2016, PDF/EPUB]
The Warship Mary Rose - The Life and Times of King Henry VIII's Flagship - Childs D. [2014,…
Practice Makes Perfect: English Conversation, Premium Third Edition - Jean Yates, PhD [2020, PDF]
BSafe: Incident Case Study No.17 - Britannia P&I Club [2022, PDF]
Cruising Panama's Canal: Savoring 5,000 nautical miles and 500,000 decadent calories - Al…
Practice Makes Perfect: Basic English - Julie Lachance [2024, PDF]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 22:14

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3