abyssswalker ® 18-Окт-2023 20:55
Hi guys
I have a question about the MANUAL sound what should be done in case of fire or abandonment.
SOLAS says general alarm 7 short whistles + 1 long whistle and notifies the nature of the Loss via the general public system. Is there somewhere where the different sounds appear for the different natures of the accident or is it just that? You remember that years ago they were different sounds, but today I see that it is just one for everything. Thanks for your help!!
jwalcott_03 19-Окт-2023 17:00
abyssswalker, as I remember there still different alarms for different situations:
1. General Alarm: 7 short ringings of the bell followed by a long ring or using the ship horn signal of 7 short blasts followed by 1 long blast.
2. Abandon ship Alarm: General Alarm + Verbal order from Master on the public address system
3. Fire Alarm: continuous ringing of the ship’s bell or the continuous sounding of the ship’s horn.
4. MOB Alarm: 3 long rings / blasts
Для отправки сообщений необходимo включить JavaScript