5sb1 ® 06-Дек-2023 11:04

Damn the Torpedoes: A Short History of U.s. Naval Mine Countermeasures, 1777-1991

Year: 1991
Language: english
Author: Tamara Moser Melia
Genre: History
Publisher: Naval Historical Center
Edition: CONTRIBUTIONS TO NAVAL HISTORY
Format: PDF
Quality: Scanned pages
Pages count: 237
Description: This is an authoritative and thorough history of U.S. Navy mine countermeasures. Mine warfare is by definition the strategic and tactical use of sea mines and their countermeasures, including all offensive and defensive mining and protection against mines. Mining and mine countermeasures (MCM) are, however, two distinctly different operations. The primary focus of modern mining operations is to effect sea control, with secondary missions that neutralize or destroy enemy ships by interdicting enemy sea lines of communication, submarine operating areas, and home ports. Offensively, mines attack enemy ships in transit or bottle them up in their own waters; defensively, mines guard national and international waters against enemy intrusion.

Contents

Screenshots

Damn the Tores A Short History of U.S. Naval Mine Countermeasures, 1777-1991.pdf

Скачать [16 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

U.S. Navy Minecraft: A History and Directory from World War I to Today - Ken W. Sayers [2023, EPUB]
United States Revenue and Coast Guard Cutters in Naval Warfare, 1790-1918 - Thomas P. Ostrom [2018,…
The War for England's Shores: S-Boats and the Fight against British Coastal Convoys - G. H.…
Submarines of the Russian and Soviet Navies, 1718-1990 - Norman Polmar & Jurrien Noot [1991, PDF]
Surface Warfare: Issue 56 (Fall) - Ted Townsend (Editor) [2017, DjVu]
The Commander's Handbook on the Law of Naval Operations - U.S. Naval War College [2007, PDF]
US Naval Weapons - Friedman N. [1982, PDF]
The Fleet at Flood Tide: America at Total War in the Pacific, 1944-1945 - James D. Hornfischer…
British Pacific Fleet 1944–45: The Royal Navy in the downfall of Japan - Brian Lane Herder [2023,…
U.S. Navy Patrol Vessels: A History and Directory from World War I to Today - Ken W. Sayers [2021,…
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 06:57

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3