twicer ® 13-Апр-2021 10:46

LNG as a Marine Fuel

Year: 2020
Language: english
Author: The North of England P&I Association Limited
Format: PDF
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 16
Description: A growing number of shipowners are powering their vessels with LNG. Whether you’ve already made that choice or are still exploring the possibilities. In over fifty years of work with gas, beginning with cargo and expanding into LNG as fuel, we’ve developed the equipment, knowledge and services to bring you effective solutions.
The use of liquefied natural gas (LNG) as a marine fuel is expected to rise in the approach to the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) global sulphur cap. In this liquid phase, the volume of the LNG is reduced by a factor of 600 and can be stored and transported at low temperatures.
However, LNG as a marine fuel is not without its drawbacks. Bunkering, storage and handling takes much more care and presents very different risks to those of traditional marine fuels. Making a vessel LNG-ready requires significant investment – from installing gas (or dual fuel) engines, to additional storage requirements. Also, the global warming potential (GWP) of methane is more than twenty times that of CO2, which will be an issue if excessive ‘methane-slip’ is experienced in the engines.

Screenshots

LNG_as_a_Marine_Fuel.pdf

Скачать [2 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

ME-GI Dual Fuel MAN B&W Engines A Technical, Operational and Cost-effective Solution for Ships…
Future Ship Powering Options: Exploring Alternative Methods of Ship Propulsion - The Royal Academy…
Bunkering of Liquefied Natural Gas-fueled Marine Vessels in North America, 2nd Edition - ABS [2015,…
The supply and use of 0.50% sulphur marine fuel, Joint Industry Guidance - Joint Industry Project…
Sustainability Whitepaper LNG as Marine Fuel - ABS [2020, PDF]
Marine Fuels Preventing Claims and Disputes - North P&I Club [2018, PDF]
MAN B&W two-stroke engine operating on ammonia - MAN Energy Solutions [2020, PDF]
Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Bunkering Study - DNV GL [2014, PDF]
Guide for LNG Bunkering, update to 2018 - ABS [2017, PDF]
LNGC-optimised designs of ME-GI engines and fuel gas supply systems - MAN B&W [2020, PDF]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 11:29

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3