Year: 1998
Language: English
Author: Chidell D. @ L.
Genre: History
Publisher: Lynda and David Chidell
Format: PDF/MOBI
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 279
Description: 'In 1982, the seeds of an idea were sown; and idea that was to change our lives'
So begins Cutting the Dragon's Tail, an autobiographical work which tells the story of David and Lynda Chidell. While working in southern Africa, the Chidells decided to change their lifestyle by constructing a Chinese Junk. Their intention was to sail to the Mediterranean and set up as a charter boat offering tourists 'the holiday of a lifetime'.
Cutting the Dragon's Tail is a work of considerable scope and depth. It is written with sufficient authority to be of interest to those who know about boats, and want to learn more about Chinese Junks in particular. It is also an accessible work containing a wealth of information and sound practical advice for the aspiring shipbuilder or seafarer.
Above all, however, it is a vivid, engaging and thoroughly entertaining account of the experiences of a couple who took to the sea in search of freedom and adventure.

Contents

Screenshots

Chidell D. @ L. Cutting the Dragon's Tail, 1998

Скачать [13 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

A Thousand Miles from Anywhere - The Claytons Cross the Atlantic and Sail the Caribbean on the…
Dolphins Under My Bed - Clayton S. [2011, PDF/EPUB]
Blue water - Wright L. [2010, EPUB]
The Floating Harpsichord: One Sailor's Log and Manuals for Solo-Sailing and Solo-Medicine -…
Sea-Time: An Ethnographic Adventure - Helen Sampson [2024, PDF]
Passport to Adventure: The final stage of a twenty five year circumnavigation - Shirley Billing…
Sailing Today Magazine - [2016-2020, PDF]
Sailing Today with Yachts and Yachting (July) Sam Jefferson (Editor) [2021, PDF]
Things I Wish I'd Known Before I Started Sailing, Expanded and Updated - Vigor J. [2020, EPUB]
Sailing Today with Yachts and Yachting - October 2022 - Sam Jefferson (Editor) [2022, PDF]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 04:11

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3