Language: english
Author: Roger Syms
Genre: Guide
Publisher: North of England P&I Association
ISBN: 0-9542012-9-9
Format: PDF
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 31
Description: The confidential marine accident reports which we publish each month in our journal SEAWAYS
have indicated that mariners are frequently confronted with hazardous situations relating to the
COLREGS.
To investigate the problems The Nautical Institute initiated in 2002 an international survey
amongst seagoing officers to enquire if they thought there was a problem, what the causes
could be and to suggest solutions.
The results were alarming with nearly 50% of the respondents stating that in their view the
problems were caused by ignorance and wilful disregard of the rules.
However respondents also drew attention to other factors like distractions due to GMDSS false
alarms, VHF chatter, VTS reporting, and paperwork.
When it came to solutions respondents highlighted both the need to improve the education and
training of watchkeeping officers and better supervision by senior officers on board.
Undoubtedly we all have to work to improve standards of bridge watchkeeping and this
thoughtful guide produced by the North of England P&I Club is an excellent place to start.
Officers can work through a page at a time discussing the elements with colleagues and relating
the contents to the full form of the rules.
For experienced officers there is an opportunity to work through the text as a refresher and to
use the booklet as a training aid when coaching junior officers and cadets on watch.
It is our duty as nautical professionals to ensure that we are responsible at all times for the safe
navigation of our ships and this booklet provides a valuable text to re-establish good practice.
Additional info: Another copy of lower quality is available here:

COLREGS (А Guide to Good Practice) - Roger Syms [2012, PDF]

Author: Roger Syms | Year: 2012 | Language: english | Format: PDF | Quality: OCR with errors | Pages count: 29 | Genre: Guide

Открыть автор релиза zxc

Contents

Foreword 2
Introduction 3
Rule 5 Look Out! 5
Rule 6 Watch your Speed! 7
Rule 7 Watch that Ship! 9
Rule 8 Do Something and do it Early! 11
Rule 10 Traffic Separation Lanes are not Rights of Way! 13
Rule 13 Leave Ample Room! 15
Rule 14 Ship Ahead! 17
Rule 15 Watch Vessels to Starboard! 19
Rule 16 Keep Everybody Happy! 21
Rule 17 Is She Altering? 23
Rule 19 Restricted Visibility Changes Everything! 25

Screenshots

COLREGS - North of England

Скачать [4 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Collisions: How to avoid them - North of England P&I Association [2013, PDF]
COLLISIONS HOW TO AVOID THEM - North of England P&I Association [2013, PDF]
COLREGs Rule Explained and Commented - North of England P&I Association [2019, PDF]
Watchkeeping Safety and Cargo Management in Port - Capt. Peter Roberts [1995, PDF]
Lessons Learnt | Collision When Overtaking [2019, MP4]
Loss Prevention Enclosed Space Entry - The Shipowners [2011, PDF]
Navigation Rules and Regulations Handbook - USCG [2020, EPUB/MOBI/AZW/PDF]
A Mariner's Guide to Preventing Collisions: Interpreted and fully explained for practical…
Engine Room Instructions - the Swedish Club [2024, JPEG]
Questions on COLREG - Adrian MINCULESCU [2013, PDF]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 23:04

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3