Language: english
Author: Stearns B.
Genre: Manual
Publisher: Winchester Press
ISBN: 0-832-90302-7
Format: PDF
Quality: Scanned pages
Pages count: 160
Description: This book is for anglers who fish from boats in fresh and salt water. It is not a general boating book; there are plenty of those around. In this book I will not, for example, attempt to teaeh general seamanship. Nor will I eover boat maintenanee, engine repair, navigation, or other basie boating subjeets. Instead, ril share many of the basie praetieal things IVe learned in over forty years of fishing from boats all over the world.
ril eover the fine points of seleeting a suitable boat for fishing. Although there are hundreds, perhaps even thousands, of different boats available today, only a relatively small number of those designs aetually make really good fishing eraft fll try to help you avoid the pitfalls in making your ehoiee.
ril try to elarify the mysteries of eleetrie trolling motors and batteries. There's even a system that keeps batteries fully eharged automatieally, yet will never damage them. And in ease you're eonfused by the large seleetion of boating eleetronies on the market. I'll diseuss items of speeial interest to the angler and how to ehoose them. There's even a table of the water temperatures that many speeies of game and bait fish prefer — knowing the temperature of the water you're fishing in ean help you fish more effeetively.
Most anglers take anehors pretty mueh for granted, yet ehoosing and using them properly ean have a dramatie effeet upon your angling sueeess. One ehapter deals only with these anehors, anehoring systems, and anehoring teehniques that are of speeifie interest to serious fishermen.
Every angler likes to be able to go fishing and burn as little fuel as possible. I'll eover systems that really do save fuel, beeause I've tried them all myself And if fuel should ever beeome as tight as it was in the 1970s, you'll be far ahead of the others when it eomes to getting a full day's fishing out of a limited amount of fuel.
Not everyone ean afford a eustom-built 'fishing mashine’ so I'll explain the approaeh I used to eonvert a basie 16-foot aluminum utility boat with four seats into a eustom rig that’s outstanding for everything from inshore bottom fishing, to stalking bonefish and tarpon on the flats, to black bass fishing on just about any body of water.
Rod storage is important. Not even the best-produced fishing boats (with a few exceptions) come equipped as well as they could be for properly storing fishing rods. This is especially important for the more delicate and refined light tackle thafs so popular these days. And, because few boats also come equipped for efficient tackle storage, fll show you the way to do it. In the same chapter fll give you ideas and tips on such things as gaff storage systems that make gaffs quickly accessible but never dangerous and how to store wet lures (especially in salt water) so they won’t contaminate other gear.
In addition to the major angling features already built into the best fishing boats, there are a multitude of little things that will make your craft more fishable. Built-in baitwells, for example, are a luxury seldom found in small boats. But it is easy to build your own and add them to the most practical location on your boat — the transom. They don’t require any pumps to make them work, either. Another one of the little things I’ll show you is how a simple modification can turn the basic ice chest into a piece of valuable fishing equipment with many practical uses. Ifs an easy project that requires little time and few materials, and you’ll be amazed by the results, including the dramatically increased durability of the ice chest itself.
Other chapters treat trailering, using your freshwater bass boat for saltwater fishing, preventing boat and trailer theft, forecasting weather, and much more.

Contents

Screenshots

Stearns B. The Fisherman's Boating Book, 1984.pdf

Скачать [14 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Fishermans bible: the worlds most comprehensive angling reference - Jay Cassell [2015, PDF & EPUB]
1001 Fishing Tips: The Ultimate Guide to Finding and Catching More and Bigger Fish - Lamar…
Ken Schultz's Essentials of Fishing. The Only Guide You Need to Catch Freshwater and Saltwater…
250 Amazing Fishing Tips: The Best Tactics and Techniques to Catch Any and All Game Fish - Lamar…
Basic Fishing: A Beginner's Guide - Wade Bourne [2011, PDF]
Fishing Tips & Tricks: More Than 500 Guide-tested Tips for Freshwater and Saltwater Tactics (The…
Seamanship: A Beginner's Guide to Safely and Confidently Navigate Water, Weather, and Winds…
The practical fishing encyclopedia - Tony Miles [2000, PDF]
Sea Angler Guides - (Editor) Cliff Brown [2021, PDF]
The Total Fishing Manual: 317 Essential Fishing Skills - Joe Cermele [2013, PDF]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 23:10

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3