Vitbar192 ® 09-Апр-2023 13:14

The Ocean Voyager and Me - Blue water sailing story - building a boat on Lamu then sailing with timorous wife, two babies, untried crew, no engine, no money

Year: 2014
Language: english
Author: Beach D.
Genre: History
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Edition: 1st
Format: EPUB
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 289
Description: More Tilman than Hiscock, Rod Pickering, who shunned publicity, at the tender age of 24 designs and builds a gaff rigged boat to sail around the world in search of Utopia. The building was done by the dhow builders of Lamu and the design, Rod´s first, blended the heavy construction methods of this small Islamic island off Kenya with the sail and hull design of an English bawley. Rod had a certain fame or infamy (!) in the sailing fraternity and this was his greatest achievement and an incredible cruising narrative. When he and Di Beach fell for each other, she was unable to suppress her adventurous spirit and took the extreme step of suing her parents for legal independence. When she flees to Uganda and marries Rod, a wild genius of a man, little does she know just where that daredevil attitude will lead. Tirelessly intrigued by new experiences, Di's descriptions are vivid: exploring Africa, building a boat on a small Islamic island, sailing across oceans, and learning to cook everywhere she goes. She continues her adventures on an Andalucian mountainside where she runs a small boutique hotel. The intrepid travellers who find this amazing oasis are fascinated by her tales and seduced by her food. And for her next adventure, who can tell.

Contents

Not

Screenshots

Beach D. The Ocean Voyager and Me, 2014.epub

Скачать [3 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

The Hal Roth seafaring trilogy - three true stories of adventure under sail - Roth H. [2006, EPUB]
Shipwreck or Shangri-la - Peter Lickfold [2001, PDF & EPUB]
All I wish I knew before setting sail - Christian Rinke [2018, PDF]
The Greatest Sailing Stories Ever Told: Twenty-Seven Unforgettable Stories - Christopher Caswell…
Yachting World August 2021 - Helen Fretter – Editor [2021, PDF]
Titanic Survivor - The Sea In My Blood - Andrews C.A. [2012, EPUB]
The rage to survive - Jacques Vignes [1976, PDF]
The Dinghy Cruising Companion - Roger Barnes [2014, EPUB]
Always a Distant Anchorage - Hal Roth [1988, PDF]
The Voyage of the Liberdade - Captain Slocumn [2012]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 14:18

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3