Year: 2023
Language: english
Author: Jay Henry Mowbray
Genre: History
Publisher: Greenhill Books
Format: EPUB
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 388
Description: EVERY once in a while someone examining the shelves in a secondhand bookshop or scrolling through the lots in an online auction will stumble across and purchase an original copy of Jay Henry Mowbray's Sinking of the Titanic, published in 1912. And like many before - and, no doubt, like many yet to come - as they open the blue clothbound volume with its pictorial cover, they will think that they have acquired a rare and valuable piece of Titanic ephemera. Just as probably, having unearthed this treasure, they will place it, unread, on their bookshelves - a 300 page nest egg for a rainy day. This was the case for me - I prized my copy of Sinking of the Titanic as a collectors' item but, knowing how this and similar books on the tragedy were produced, and the kind of errors they contained, I never took the time to read it - until, that is, I was asked to write this foreword. In many respects, the book lived up to my expectations. Sinking of the Titanic is an amalgamation of period newspaper reports which were gathered together to tell the story of Titanic's sinking: a book hurriedly created to sell to the general public door-to-door, much like the Encyclopedia Britannica. After all, the public wanted to read of the demise of the world's largest ocean liner, and they were hungry for more details than those contained in their local newspaper. Mowbray's book - and those produced by his competitors - filled the void, and they sold well.

Contents

Screenshots

The Sinking of the Titanic.epub

Скачать [17 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Sinking of the Titanic-Thrilling Stories Told By Survivors - Jay Henry Mowbray [1912, PDF]
The Sinking of the Titanic - R.Aldridge [2008, PDF]
Unsinkable!. The Titanic Shipwreck - Cole M.D. [2013, EPUB]
On a Sea of Glass - The Life & Loss of the RMS Titanic - Tad Fitch, J. Kent Layton & Bill Warmstedt…
Wreck and Sinking of the Titanic: The Ocean Greatest Disaster - Marshall Everett [2012, PDF]
A Night to Remember: The Classic Bestselling Account of the Sinking of the Titanic - Walter Lord…
‘Titanic’ - Legacy of the world's greatest ocean liner - Wels S. [1997, PDF]
All About History Book of the Titanic - April Madden (Editor) [2017, PDF]
Bitter Victory: The Death of the Hmas Sydney - Wesley Olson [2000, PDF]
Titanic: Legacy of the World's Greatest Ocean Liner - Susan Wels [1997, PDF]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 04:40

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3