Year: 2019
Language: english
Author: Jan Needle
Genre: Fiction
Publisher: Lume Books
Format: EPUB
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 2155
Description: ‘A painfully authentic portrayal of naval life in the 18th century. A powerful story of lost humanity…its violent emotions are shattering.’ The Guardian
Over a quartet of enthralling novels that cross the continents and oceans, William Bentley grows from a young, rebellious boy to a position of command as Sea Officer. He faces harsh captains and harsher weathers on the seas, forms lifelong bonds with his fellow sailors, and follows his destiny in a time as tumultuous as the seas he sails.
Jan Needle's attention to historical detail and care for characterisation make these compelling and rich reads, perfect for fans of Patrick O’Brian and C. S. Forester.
Praise for Jan Needle:
‘Jan Needle’s tale of 18th-century naval life is following in a great British tradition, but alters it savagely so that it is not the salt spray that remains in the memory but the steady trickling of blood. Try as we might, we cannot avert our gaze from the horror’ - The Times
'Brilliant. I found myself being drawn back into that twilight world again, despite myself. I was grossly entertained and thrilled... [Jan Needle] is a rare talent' - Jimmy Boyle
'A thundering great novel. What's really amazing is how much he seems to know about so many different things...what more could you want from a thriller? A cracking good read' - Tony Parker, New Statesman & Society
'[Needle] develops a complex, ingenious plot at breakneck speed and has a sharp underdog's eye' - John McVicar, Time Out
Born in Portsmouth, England, and a lifelong sailor, Jan Needle has a view of naval history and the growth of empire that is not a comfortable one. This is the fourth book about William Bentley, his reluctant hero.
Additional info: A naval fiction box set of 4 novels.

Contents

Book 1. A Fine Boy for Killing.
Book 2. The Wicked Trade.
Book 3. The Spithead Nymph.
Book 4. Undertaker's Wind.

Screenshots

The Sea Officer Bentley Thrillers_ (160).zip

Скачать [3 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Raging Sea, Searing Sky (McGann saga Book 5) - Christopher Nicole [2018, EPUB]
Old Glory (McGann saga Book 1) - Christopher Nicole [2015, EPUB]
The Sindbad Voyage - Tim Severin [2018, EPUB]
Until the Sea shall give up her dead ch4 - Sean Thomas Russel [Daniel Philpot, 199?]
The Sea and the Sand (McGann saga Book 2) - Christopher Nicole [2018, EPUB]
Broadsides: The Age of Fighting Sail, 1775-1815 - Nathan Miller [David Rapkin, 2014]
Raiders and Rebels: A History of the Golden Age of Piracy - Frank Sherry [2008, PDF]
The King’s Marauder - Dewey Lambdin [John Lee, 199?]
Naval Warfare in the Age of Sail - War at Sea 1756-1815 - Ireland B. [2000, PDF]
The Comodore - Patrick o'Brian [Patrick Tull, 199?]
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 17:58

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3