AntaresEnif ® 19-Мар-2022 22:33
I'm on a mac, lots of Ram/processor capacity available. It seems like every torrent client fails as soon as I try to resume seeding everything. I've tried all at once and in batches, unfortunately it also messed up many of the torrents so I am having to re-download.
Qbittorrent
Utorrent Web
Vuze(the worst)
Folx
Transmission
All fail around the same number of seeding files, freeze, have to be force quit then hang every time I restart them even with nothing else running.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
skipper3362 20-Мар-2022 00:06
you try the utorren classic on you mac
thrn you have the list on your mac
and to much on the same time so as i see you doing try to get your hile daily downos limit every day is may still to much because you mac had to proces and write it away at the same time upload what you post,
and not alle the file you wanne load are directly avilebel but you have to wait till you are in front of the line , but that can mean you are block you one lines wit connection bu reasking from the programma
but mayby some member with a mac can also help
how it works specialy on the mac i can not henlp you with that because i have here windows.
you heve lmited connections at the same time thos limited connectsion much handel you up and download ar the same time and that can lead to a trafic jam even if there is not send but onlt from the connect asking and pinging
AntaresEnif ® 20-Мар-2022 01:13
skipper3362,
Thanks! Unfortunately Utorrent classic is not compatible after 10.1.x, it was my favorite.
Sorry, I mean it is choking and crashing even without actively downloading anything, because I switched clients so many times, it turned into a mess. So I am re-checking every file individually and getting it to indicate it is complete. Once I get to that point I'll be able to switch them back to seeding I think. It even broke my uploads, but thankfully it seems there are enough seeds on them until I can get it sorted out.
Fingers crossed, I have had some luck in case anyone else has this issue, the latest(unstable) 4.4 release of Qbittorrent, and then increasing the threads, and memory allocations.
AntaresEnif ® 20-Мар-2022 05:25
rsltaw, OK Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong, the latest build(4.4x) which is supposed to be unstable apppeared better, but wasn't. Upon re-check about 10% of completed files were missing pieces. Then it pooped the bed worse, and refused to acknowledge the damn file in the folder it was pointed to, insisting that no data was there for the torrent and wanting to re-download. Upon re-download it replaced the perfectly good file with a half finished one. Very helpful of it.
rsltaw 20-Мар-2022 11:30
AntaresEnif,
I think the problem is in your MAC and not in the software you use to dowwnload..
I use qbittorrent 4.3.9 with the standard configuration (just change the place where files are download)
When the torrent turns stalled I just wait and do not force resume.
Try create a sandbox in your MAC
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28782762/how-do-i-create-sandbox-environments-on-mac-osx-for-running-different-program
and run qbittorrent from there. (better then reinstall your OS from zero)
AntaresEnif ® 20-Мар-2022 20:51
OK I'll try that, I'm working with a folder of 1000 downloads that should be finished. Upon recheck today, 24 of them that were reporting as 100% with a finish time listed, switched back to downloading and completion statuses of 80-90%. The actual files showed errors when opened as though not complete. This is getting quite silly, as one file for example has done this 3x, and now shows over 400MB downloaded on a 100MB file, not helping my ratio any to be sure. I'll set up the sandbox shortly, when it's finished it's recheck. Thanks for the tip! rsltaw,
AntaresEnif ® 21-Мар-2022 03:06
zxc,
Here's a couple examples. I was trying to figure out why I had so many active torrents and my ratio was so far out of whack, I don't have any examples of that because I uninstalled all the clients and started over with a clean slate. On average it seemed like for every 10gb I uploaded between 4 and 9 would show up here, looks like that was only part of the issue.
On the downloads that don't stay finished, I've found them to often be 1.25-10x as much data as in the file downloaded. I also have sat and watched some of them, it is most unsual. If I watch in CONTENT tab to see the files filling up, at a certain point the main progress bar and % of completion keep moving, but the files themselves do not increase in size.
Weirder still, I tested another tracker with the same settings, and all my seeds there reported 100% integrity, none show more than 1.03 dowloaded, usually 1.0
Sorry for the problems!
AntaresEnif ® 21-Мар-2022 03:09
another example would be

Class Guidelines, Rules, Programmes, Standards and Statutory interpretations - DNV [2021, PDF]

Author: DNV | Year: 2021 | Language: english | Format: PDF | Quality: eBook | Pages count: Multiple | Genre: Technical book

Open released by twicer

700ish MB file, showing over 2GB downloaded, it will finish soon, then on recheck it will fail and start dling
AntaresEnif ® 22-Мар-2022 02:29
Disabled DHT on several, that appears to get it closer on the UL data, but still doesn't stop the downloading more than file total, showing 100% finished but then failing on recheck.
I have reduced the problem to a certain extent by forcing it to re-check every download upon completion, so at least it is unlikely to detect a pile of unfinshed ones at once and jam up. Still show some over filesize downloading, but more in the 1.25-1.5x range, nothing new showing above that. The issue is exclusively present with seatracker.ru, if I see a file do a few go arounds, complete yet not, then I remove and re-add the torrent, and have it recheck the local file, after that it seems to download and complete on the next try, but actually be complete. Still pretty wasteful of data, and not so good for ratio, but I am quite able to live with a bit of extra mucking around, this tracker is amazing and a small issue like that isn't the end of the world, and with the new work flow I at least seem to be ending up with complete, completed files instead of completed files that are only complete until the system checks and bogs down.
zxc 22-Мар-2022 03:51
AntaresEnif, also try this:
-check the disk for file system integrity and bad sectors
-change save path to another disk (never save files to the root or system folders or system disk)
-disable antivirus
-check log entries (qbittorent view->log->show)
-open trackers list tab and delete all trackers except seatracker
does this happen with torrents from our tracker only ?
check this https://github.com/qbittorrent/...rent/issues/7850
AntaresEnif ® 22-Мар-2022 05:55
zxc,
AntaresEnif, also try this:-check the disk for file system integrity
No issues, switched drives just in case.
and bad sectors
No issues.
save path to another disk (never save files to the root or system folders or system disk)
Did this, same issue.
-disable antivirus-
Did this, same issue.
check log entries (qbittorent view->log->show)
-open trackers list tab and delete all trackers except seatracker
No odd logs, or at least none related to this. Does seem to be hanging while checking files consistently as soon as there's more than x files complete(not even seeding, just entries under complete)
It looks like part of the issue(the looping after say 99.xx% complete, then going to 100% then rechecking) is related to 4.4x on Macos.
I am trying to figure out a way to switch back to 4.39 without starting over again, now that I discovered the issues in Macos that can be addressed via terminal. There's more than enough finalfolderversion921s type folders sprinkled all over my drive now.
I find the whole thing a bit peculiar, because I have a private tracker I've been on for many years, and it behaves as expected, separating out program vs server issues is above my pay grade to be sure.
AntaresEnif ® 22-Мар-2022 06:28
Alright, looks like I'm getting somewhere now. The terminal change fixed the underlying issue, the settings changes made 4.44 run better, but by switching to it, I introduced more problems. Switched back to 4.39, with the changed settings. FINALLY everything works. Although my poor ratio will likely never recover. Now to re-check everything and rebuild it all yet again.
Для отправки сообщений необходимo включить JavaScript