Language: english
Author: Martin Otto
Publisher: Seamens Christian Friend Society
Edition: Volume 4
ISBN: 978-3-944472-10-2
Format: PDF
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 199
Description: Did you know what faith is NOT? Author Martin Otto says, "Faith is not a technique that one learns. It is something given to us by the Holy Spirit... We never learned faith when we compare ourselves to others or look to others. Also, faith is not something that we can learn in an instant, once and for all. Faith is something that will challenge us all our lives, and will need to pursue it day after day. We are told to live by faith and not by sight" (2 Corinthians 5:7).
This book came into being in response to the request of a Filipino seaman whom Martin had met on a ship in Hamburg, and who had read Martin's previous book, Help, How Can I Overcome Temptations? He wrote and encouraged him with these words: "I hope there will be another book like the one I just read to deepen a seaman's faith in God and answer questions we have during times of loneliness when we need guidance..."
Additional info: It includes the testimonies of a captain whose ship was pirated at open sea and another whose ship was caught at sea between two typhoons.

Contents

Screenshots

4. Faith_at_Sea.pdf

Скачать [3 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Tulong! Paano Ko Mapapaglabanan ang Tukso? (Help! How Can I Overcome Temptation?) - Martin Otto…
The Seafarer's Mind - Martin Otto [2020, PDF]
Church On The Oceans - Martin Otto [2017, PDF]
Seafarers! A Strategic Missionary Vision - Martin Otto [2017, PDF]
The Titanic and the Californian - Padfield P. [2020, PDF/azw3]
True Spirit: The True Story of a 16-Year-Old Australian Who Sailed Solo, Nonstop, and Unassisted…
An Introduction to Coastal Navigation. A Seaman's Guide - Morgans Technical Books Limited…
Sailing: An Introduction to Sailing and Yachting (sailing, boat, boating, yacht, World Trip,…
Shipping Container - Craig Martin [2016, PDF]
World War 2: Pearl Harbor Through Japanese Eyes: The First Stories of the Pacific Theatre - Robert…
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 22:00

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3