Language: english
Author: Cronkhite K.
Genre: History
Publisher: ‎ Adlard Coles
Edition: 1st
Format: EPUB
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 137
Description: 'The boat appeared when I didn't expect or, frankly, need her. My bucket list was empty. Life was full…But sailing towards me was a boat that would stir the waters, waking decades of loss, revealing history untold, and restoring a legacy that was lost in the wind. For her and for me, I had to wade into that water. I had to go, to search, to find.'
Having fallen hopelessly in love with a 1930s Danish spidsgatter, a beautifully constructed 25 ft wooden double-ender, Kaci embarks on an international search to unravel the mystery of the boat's past, and discovers the many lives Pax touched since she first hit the water in 1936. Kaci Cronkhite's seven year search for Pax's history is an elegant little gem, taking the reader aboard not only for sublime, wind-filled sails but also to eavesdrop the conversations and relationships that are built as she learns more about Pax's past, whilst hugely enjoying her present. Finding Pax is a story of discovery and reconnection like no other. The writing is poetic, spare, and full of wisdom: 'In sailing, in weather, in life and death, answers are not endings and questions are not to be feared. The unknowns keep us moving forward.'
Additional info: About the Author
KACI CRONKHITE is a writer whose work radiates a passion for adventures combining wind, travel, history, and legacy. Her stories have appeared in the sea anthology Steady As She Goes, and in magazines and newspapers in America, Australia, Canada, South Africa, and the Caribbean. This is her first book--but definitely not her last. The prequel When a Cowgirl Goes to Sea is already underway.
She splits her time between a homeport with Pax in Port Townsend, Washington, a writing retreat near the historic family ranch in Oklahoma, and on writing sojourns around the world.

Contents

Screenshots

Cronkhite K. Finding Pax, 2018.epub

Скачать [12 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Blue water - Wright L. [2010, EPUB]
Alone at Sea - The Adventures of Joshua Slocum - Spencer А. [1998, EPUB]
Wooden Boats - The Art of Loving and Caring for Wooden Boats - af Malmborg A. [2015, EPUB]
Sailing, Yachts & Yarns - Tom Cunliffe [2011, PDF]
Sailing Wondertime - A Family Voyage from Seattle to New Zealand - Johnson S.D. [2018, EPUB]
Whoever Fears the Sea: An evocative nautical adventure set on the coast of Kenya - Justin Fox…
A World to the West - A Voyage Around the World - Cloughley M.R. [1979, PDF]
High Latitude Sailing - Self-sufficient sailing techniques for cold waters and winter seasons -…
The Narrowboat Guide - A complete guide to choosing, designing and maintaining a narrowboat - Jones…
Shakedown Cruise - Lessons and Adventures from a Cruising Veteran as He Learns the Ropes - Calder…
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 03:03

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3