Author: Maloney E.S.
Genre: Handbook
Publisher: Hearst Marine Books
Edition: 3rd
ISBN: 1588160505
Format: PDF
Quality: Scanned pages
Pages count: 304
Description: This is a handbook of basic information for all boaters, and for all types and all sizes of small craft. It covers essential boating procedures that will enhance your safety and enjoyment of boating.
An important feature of this 3rd revised edition of The Boater’s Handbook is the inclusion of many Internet addresses where you can find specific information about regional and other boating rules and regulations, as well as maps and other useful aids. It has been truly said that whatever the information you need, it is on the Worldwide Web — you just have to be able to find it! This book will try to help you do just that.
I have been boating so long that it seems to me that the craft in the slip next to my first boat was Noah’s Ark! I grew up as a youngster in a house on a beach of the open Atlantic Ocean — our front yard was sand, not grass. Off and on, I had a small boat that I could call my own and spent many hours on the water. There were gaps in my teenage and college years, but even in World War II, when in rear areas, I often found a craft of some sort to get out on the water. My “real” boating began in 1954 in Norfolk, Virginia, with a 30-foot old Wheeler sedan cruiser — “ancient” might be a better word than “old,” but it was our family boat. And it soon led to a larger and better new craft. Since those days, we have rarely been without at least one boat, some larger, some smaller; mostly power, but one sail. These have taken us over tens of thousands of miles of inland and offshore waters — in fair weather and foul. And it was the rare day on the water that I didn’t learn something! Much of what is in this book is what I have learned from studying and doing, and some from what others have passed on to me.
To give credit where it is due — this book is a continuation of an idea and a handbook originated by Tom Bottomley in the early 1980s. He saw the need for a volume such as this, and created The Boatmans Handbook. It went through several editions, but then fell by the wayside, as the saying goes. Now it has been revived, updated, and expanded, and is ready for a new life. Read it for general background learning, and use it as a reference when you have a problem — it’s a handy Handbook for all.
This book has been produced in a size that will permit it to be carried and used on a boat of any size. Keep it on board your craft — I know that I will on mine!

Contents

Screenshots

Maloney E.S. The Boater's Handbook, 2002.pdf

Скачать [13 KB]

Спасибо

Похожие релизы

Chapman Piloting. Seamanship & Small Boat Handling - Maloney E.S., Chapman C.F. [1999, PDF]
Chapman Piloting. Seamanship & Small Boat Handling - Maloney E.S., Chapman C.F. [1991, PDF]
Piloting, Seamanship & Small Boat Handling - Chapman C.F. [1974, PDF]
First Aid Afloat v.0.0.2 - theotherhat.biz [2015] [Android]
Small Craft: Piloting & Coastal Navigation - A. E. Saunders [1982, PDF]
Reeds Skipper's Handbook For Sail and Power - Pearson M. [2020, EPUB]
Sailing Big On A Small Sailboat - Jerry D. Cardwell [1997, PDF]
Basic Boating: Piloting and Seamanship - Howard L. Adrews Alexander L. Russell [1974, PDF]
Crewing to Win - Hemmings A. [1994, PDF]
The Narrowboat Guide: A complete guide to choosing, designing and maintaining a narrowboat 2nd…
  • Ответить

Текущее время: Сегодня 18:33

Часовой пояс: GMT + 3